To our SCP+R camp families,
As the state and county have now presented their action plan to reopen, we want to inform you what we do know and uncertainties we still face. First, let us say we hope each of you have stayed safe and healthy. Second, our staff enjoys camp, interacting with campers, providing an active environment, and look forward to seeing everyone. Third, our number one priority is always the safety of your child.
In compliance with state and county restrictions Shawnee County Parks + Recreation summer camps can begin June 15, 2020. There will be no field trips scheduled this summer and limited access to pools.
State and county guidelines may change June 1st. We will be reviewing the restrictions to ensure compliance. Staff will be trained for cleaning protocols and many other details to ensure we offer a safe and positive environment for both staff and campers. We have been reducing camper maximum totals as cancellations are received. We are aware the uncertainty of the situation does not make your circumstances easy. SCP+R staff wants to be transparent and give you the information as we are informed.
- The policy of no refund or transfer of registration fees was waived this summer.
- Payments on weeks prior to June 15th can be transferred, refunded or credited to your account.
- Transfer will be automatic unless we receive a request by May 18th.
- Those amounts will continue to be refundable.
- It is important that we have attendance confirmation and full payment ten days prior to each week once camp begins.
Refund/Credit forms can be found at: