For release: Immediately Contact: Mike McLaughlin, 785-251-6880
Date: May 8, 2020
Statement: Decision on Spirit of Kansas to be made by June 1
TOPEKA, KAN. – After consultation with county leaders, primary stakeholders and the COVID-19 Response Team, it has been determined that the decision on whether to cancel or reschedule the Spirit of Kansas will be made by June 1. While the governor’s Plan to Reopen Kansas includes a phasing out of restrictions on June 15, the phases of the governor’s plan are fluid and could change prior to July 4.