- Parks & Trails
Public fishing areas are available from 6 am to 11 pm. All Wildlife and Parks regulations apply except where Shawnee County Parks and Recreation rules supersede state rules.
- Ward-Martin Creek, 2400 SE Perry (I-70 and MacVicar Road). 2-acre stream located in 27-acre Auburndale Park.
- Central Park Pond, 1534 SW Clay, is 4 acres and located in 16-acre Central Park. Amenities include a barrier free fishing dock. Pond stocked by Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism.
- Clarion Woods Park Pond, SW 37th and SW Fairlawn. The 4-acre lake is located in 46-acre Clarion Woods Park. Amenities include a barrier-free fishing dock as well as a nature trail around the pond.
- Freedom Valley Pond, SE 14th and SE Locust. The 1.4-acre pond is located in 32-acre Freedom Valley Park. Amenities include a barrier-free fishing dock and a picnic area.
- Horseshoe Bend, SE 43rd and SE Horseshoe Bend Street. Features trail around pond and fishing dock.
- Lake Shawnee, 3137 SE 29th Street. This 410-acre lake boasts a variety of fishing and recreational opportunities. Amenities include a heated dock, marina, 16 fishing docks, barrier-free fishing dock, campground, boat ramps and Hanger Family Fishing Pond for youths and seniors.
- Westlake, Gage Park, 6th and Gage Boulevard Westlake has 6 acres and is located in 160-acre Gage Park. Amenities include a barrier-free fishing dock on an island.
Rules & Regulations
View the Fishing Rules and Regulations (PDF).
To receive a brochure listing public fishing areas within Shawnee County Parks and Recreation, please call 785-251-6800.